A report on breast cancer treatment in Iran
Although many of the masses that form in the breast are not cancerous, the breast cancer is still among the most common and of course, the most curable cancers in women. The prevalence of the disease has caused doctors, cities, and hospitals to be well-equipped with the knowledge and devices needed to treat breast cancer as well as the reconstruction surgery that follows it.
Breast cancer diagnosis methods
- Physical examination of the breast by the specialist
are the methods of diagnosing masses in the breast.
Should these methods confirm the existence of a mass, then the methods of
- Thick needled Biopsy
- Thin needled biopsy
are used to take out a sample to be further examined. In most cases experts are capable in gaining sufficient knowledge on the disease through physical examinations, mammography and sonography and subsequently remove the tumor surgically without the need for biopsy.
The Most Important Methods of Breast Malignant Tumor Removal
The chief methods of breast surgery are mastectomy (MRM) which is to remove the entire breast tissue, lumpectomy (BCS) which is the breast preservation surgery alongside radiotherapy, and lastly, the Oncoplastic surgery.
- In the mastectomy (MRM) method, should the malignant tumor be spread across the breast and axillary tissues, or if the cancer is multi-sourced, then the doctors will resort to removing the entire breast tissue and its surroundings to ensure a successful treatment. In this method, following the regaining of health and physical stability, the doctors can go through with the breast reconstruction surgery.
- In the lumpectomy method, should the cancer tumor be mono-sourced, and not spread across the tissue, then the tumor and the affected tissue are removed and the appearance of the breast will not be altered significantly. In this method radiotherapy is generally used to kill the remaining cancerous cells. This method greatly helps combating the post treatment depression, since the main breast tissue is not removed and in most cases the breast reconstruction surgery is not required.
- In the Oncoplasty method, the surgeon tries to on top of topically controlling the disease, to also maintain the best aesthetic quality. The removal of the cancerous mass and the affected tissue is carried out through plastic surgical techniques. In the surgery flaps might be used to fill in the evacuated areas or to carry the cancer surgery in mammoplasty and mastoplasty methods from the beginning.
- The new methods of breast removal have significantly advanced in the last few decades and they are now carried out with the goal of also preserving the aesthetics. In innovative methods used by many Iranian surgeons, in many cases the breast skin can be preserved and the breast tissue can be removed from the muscled areas. Even in cases were the tumor is located in the breast tissue itself, but not in the center and if its diameter is less than 2 centimeters, the nipple is preserved for the reconstructive surgery later on.
Complementary Treatments after the Breast Cancer Surgery
Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, and hormone therapy are the most important complementary treatment methods, the execution procedures of which varies from patient to patient and ruled for, based on the medical team’s consensus. These treatments may begin after or even before the surgery, to maintain the advance of the disease, shrink the tumor and to ensure the prevention of its recursion.
- Some patients do not require chemotherapy following their surgery. In required cases, chemotherapy is prescribed ranging from 4 sessions in 21 day intervals to more sessions and shorter intervals depending on the severity of the disease. In all cases the growth of hair resumes with higher quality following the chemotherapy cycle.
- Radiotherapy, is a method with low short term side effects and high efficiency which usually is carried out in 30 sessions and 5 times a week. Should the patient have been subject to radiotherapy during their surgery, then the number of the session following the surgery is reduced. In radiotherapy the affected cells are targeted and the healthy cells remain unharmed. Iran uses the most advanced and precise devices for radiotherapy of cancer patients. Accelerated radiotherapy spans five days and carried out in some medical centers of Iran according to the orders of the doctor.
- Hormone Therapy is used to prevent the growth of cancerous hormones for the cases in which the cancer is hormonal. In this case the hormones are prevented from activity or eliminated altogether using pharmaceuticals.
Why Should You Choose Iran for Breast Cancer Treatment?
- Iranian physicians often use flexible, effective and innovative methods to control diseases. They are often guests of international congresses aimed at attaining the most recent medical knowledge.
- Iranian medical centers do whatever necessary such as forming medical
teams to ensure your health stability, such as heart, skin, hair, and mental health conditions and whatever more the patient may need. They also provide long distance check-ups for the patients after the treatment cycle.
- The preservation of the female aesthetics is always in consideration in the treatment, although the success of the treatment is the top priority.
- The treatment cycle for this disease is carried out speedily in Iran, despite it usually demanding time; Iranian hospitals provide the most amounts of medical services during your stay in the country through precise scheduling and reduce your potential need for repeated trips to the country.
- Iranian medical centers knowing that many patients afflicted with breast cancer manage to regain their health, organize group therapy sessions for them to improve their spirits and lifestyle.
- Iranian medical centers approach the matter with a long term view towards creating joy and stable health for younger women, and offer services such as freezing the ovum before chemotherapy, this way whenever should the patient opt for pregnancy, she can use their own pre-stored ovum to give birth to a healthy child.
- Iranian facilitator companies stay with you throughout your trip through services such as online counseling, trip scheduling, and coordinating with housing, travelling and medical service centers to lift any additional burden off your shoulders.
Most Iranian Cities Have Experienced Hospitals and Physicians
The breast cancer is the most common and the most easily curable of its kind among women. Although illness is always unpleasant, but the full half of the glass is the upbringing of skilled doctors and equipping medical centers according to the latest needs of the patients. This has been the case for decades in Iran, with little difference being there on which medical hub city a patient chooses to receive breast cancer treatment from. In all these cities doctors and modern equipment await to provide treatment and its complementary services.
A Healthy Life and a Stable Health for Women through Controlling Breast Cancer
In many breast cancer surgery clinics of fellow doctors in Iran, women who have been treated long ago, sit calmly and carefree, awaiting their routine check-up. Many of them leave the doctor’s room with a wide grin on their faces; a grin caused by overcoming the intricacies and pains of the disease, and regaining their stable health. They leave awaiting their next check-up.