Everything You Need to Know About Weight Loss in Iran
Obesity is a disease resulted by the excess amount of fat in the body. Obesity does not simply concern the body fitness. It also increases the risk of contacting other diseases such as heart issues as well as diabetes and high blood pressure. In the past decades due to the instability of weight loss treatment methods as well as serious complications in the human lifestyle, the doctors have come up with lesser invasive and more stable methods for the Weight Loss surgery.
Which People Are Valid Candidates For the Bariatric Surgery?
Many people initially looked with doubt at the weight loss surgery much like many other treatments at their inception. Today however this surgery has turned to the most reliable and stable treatment for obesity.
– Candidates must be 18 or older.
– The surgery is performed for individuals having an BMI rate of above 40. This is calculated based on their height and weight.
– This surgery is performed for the individuals with an MBI rate of above 35 provided they are also afflicted with diabetes, sleep apnea, blood pressure, heart diseases, articular disorders, and blood Triglyceride and Cholesterol.
– The surgery is performed if patient has been unsuccessful in other treatment methods such as exercises and diets.
How is the Bariatric Surgery Performed?
The Laparoscopic surgical methods extend more than 10 different procedures, however with the passing of time and the observations made on their efficiency and side effects, they are now narrowed down to five methods. With the stomach bypass surgery and sleeve gastrectomy being the most popular.
– Sleeve gastrectomy or stomach sleeving is performed for patients with an MBI rating of 35 to 45 who also feel constant excess appetite. During this procedure 80 to 90 percent of the stomach is removed, should the surgery be performed in the duodenal switch method, then the initial part of the small intestine (duodenum) is also removed.
– The Bypass is performed for patients with an MBI of over 40 afflicted from excessive obesity or stage three obesity. In this method the surgeon cuts the small intestine away and attaches one end to the new stomach and the other end to the lower area of the small intestine, creating a Y-shaped formation. The remaining parts of the stomach remain and transfer chemicals from the pancreas to the new stomach in order to facilitate digestion.
– In the Mini Gastric Bypass, the small intestine is not cut. But the shrinked stomach is attached to the initial 150 to 200 millimeters of the small intestine. This new bypass method has much lower complications. However there’s the possibility of bile reflex, in which case the surgery has to change into an ordinary bypass.
– In the banding surgery, a band is placed on the outer rim of the stomach as an adjustable ring through a laparoscopic procedure. Then the stomach is divided by the band into two sections, the small section at the top and the larger lower section, with the former functioning as the main stomach.
What are the Benefits of the Laparoscopic Surgery?
The reduction of pain following the surgery, less invasive treatment and less scars, shorter hospitalization, speedy return to daily routines and aesthetics improvement are among the most important benefits of the laparoscopic surgery in the treatment of obesity.
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment and Increase of Infertility
Although bariatric surgeries are associated with body fitness and general health, it should be noted that the bypass version of the surgery also serves as a treatment for the type 2 diabetes, since after the conclusion of the surgery the intake of sugar and fat is significantly reduced. People suffering from type 2 diabetes are operated without the need of waiting in the queue. If they have recently contacted the disease, then they are fully treated this way with no further need for insulin injections. Stable weight reduction and significant loss of fat also improves the health of the pregnancy for women with excessive weight who wish to have children. The infertility increase in both men and women and prevention of premature menopause are among the benefits of having a stable weight.
What Goes on in an Obesity Clinic?
Obesity clinics in Iran are vibrant, joyful places serving as a place connecting people who have been under surgery and those awaiting it. Those who have not yet received the surgery can’t believe that in a year time they’ll be in the same shape as those who are simply there for their routine check-ups, smiling, agile, and in good shape. Patients receive the greater part of their needed information and hopes on matters such as keeping a healthy skin and hair after the surgery, from former patients.
Approach the Surgery Theatre Step by Step
Bariatric surgery in Iran has certain preparations and potential delays, the clinic or the hospital which you’re supposed to receive the surgery in will not leave you on your own during this time. These actions are scheduled and undertaken with the goal of achieving the best possible outcomes from the surgery, limiting the failure chance to the bare minimum, as well as reducing side effects after the surgery and stabilizing general health in mind.
– Bariatric surgery is an emotional one; the patient will receive psychological counseling before and after the operation.
– Nutrition counsel is the most important of actions both before and after the surgery, a delicate weight loss process following the surgery significantly improves the result of the operation. Nutrition counseling is also necessary to prevent malnutrition and weight loss following the surgery.
– An aesthetic counsel session causes ease of mind for the patients worried about the beauty of their skin and hair after the surgery. They can benefit from aesthetic services on top of familiarizing with preventive methods.
– A sports medicine specialist will provide the patient with prescriptions and schedules on the correct manner to increase physical activity. These activities cause the muscular and skeletal pains such as knee pains and backache to go away. They also help the patient to preserve their muscles, not to regain weight, and regain their physical beauty.
-The specialist doctor, is one of the patient’s permanent councilors, to screen the potential issues and diseases and control the patient’s health.
Iran, the Most Experienced Country of the Middle East in Bariatric Surgery
Among the countries in the Middle East and ECO, Iran was among the first to reach the knowledge and technology of lesser invasive methods of stomach shrinking treatments. While in some countries they have recently attained this knowledge and advertise it, Iran has been continuously performing the surgery for more than a decade now. The first obesity clinic in Iran was founded in a governmental hospital in Tehran. Other clinics soon followed suit all across the country, with important hospitals making bariatric clinics and now the medical hub cities of Iran such as Tehran, Shiraz, Tabriz, Esfahan and Mashhad are the best choices for this surgery, with all of these cities readily accepting and providing services for medical tourists. Before your trip and operation all manners of counseling such as, physiological, sports medicine, nutrition, laparoscopy and aesthetics will be provided in an online, long distance format and should you act in accordance with the advice of the doctors, your waiting time for receiving the surgery will be shortened.